Monday, July 28, 2008

Junior the Human Slinky


Watching some the tricks and stunts on the current MTV show "America's Best Dance Crew" prompted me to do some Googling of breakdancing and b-boy videos. Some of the results were mediocre and mildly entertaining but then I came across a few videos of a b-boy named Junior.

http://www.b-boyjunior.com/

From what I gather Junior aka Buana is a b-boy from France and is part of the Wanted Posse Krew. He has won various championships including the World Breakdancing Championships 'Battle of the Year.'

Most would quickly say that there is no way breakdancing is a sport or that its top competitors are in the same league as NBA, NFL, or MLB superstars but after watching these videos its hard to say that Junior is not one of most gifted athletes I've ever seen.

Watch for the no-footed push ups, they are kind of his signature.....yes I did say no-footed push ups.



No comments: