Thursday, September 25, 2008

Jenny Craig worked for Baron Davis


While Baron Davis did bring us Warriors fans such great moments as the one above (posterizing Andrei Kirilenko in the playoffs), he did also give us the run around before ultimately leaving us to sign with the Clippers. Well anyway, People magazine has revealed that Baron Davis is Jenny Craig's most recent famous recruit.

Inspired by current spokeswoman Latifah, Davis, 29, started the plan at the beginning of August to get in shape for basketball season.

"I know Queen Latifah, and when I saw her out there using it, I thought maybe I could use it, too, to work on my health and fitness goals and inspire others," he tells PEOPLE.

During the NBA off-season, Davis let his fitness slide. "In the off-season, it's kind of hard to maintain day-to-day," he says. "I don't want to get up and cook. And when I pig out, I'm the type of person where there's no limit to what I can do."

His favorite pig-out food? "Definitely Mexican," he says. "I go to Pinches Tacos in L.A., start with a carne asada burrito, and work my way down the menu." [People]

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Related News: Golden State Warriors guard Monta Ellis' ankle injury was the result of a mo-ped accident and did not occur while he was playing pickup basketball, the San Francisco Chronicle reported, citing sources close to the team.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

No comments: