Friday, December 5, 2008

You Should Probably Cut Your Hair

You should probably cut your hair if you play football. I guess some guys like to live their lives on the edge and this is what happens.

It was a hair-raising -- or rather -- hair-pulling night for running back Jourdan Brooks.

During his 62-yard run in the first half, Brooks was yanked down by Louisville defender Travis Norton -- after 10 yards, by his hair. After he trotted back to the sidelines, television cameras caught a strand of Brooks' dreadlocks on the field.

"I'd have to say on a scale of one to 10, an eight. No, nine," Brooks said describing the pain of having one of his dreadlocks pulled out. "It hurt pretty bad. I never felt any pain like that. But I'm alright."

Brooks -- who rushed for 126 yards on 11 carries and a touchdown -- wasn't upset about losing a strand of hair however. Nor did he say that the tackle will convince him to cut it. What he was most upset about was not getting into the endzone.

"I was upset that he tackled me," Brooks said. "I wanted to score there." [WithLeather via NJ.com]



Troy Polamalu getting tackled by his hair

No comments: