Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Video Games Killed the Television Star


I love video games. I do I do I do. Ever since I was a kid, when Nintendo first came out, video games have been a favorite activity amongst American youth. Today, the video game craze is all over the world. X-box Live connects gamers all across the globe in real time. One could even argue that video games have made the most advances of any technological gadget in the last 25 years (you'd have a tough time arguing against cell phones and the desktop computer, but what the hell). Today's video game systems are in fact highly specialized computers capable of much more than just gaming. It's also become a huge platform for marketers and adervertisers to promote their products and services to a rather specific, young demographic. So today, I salute you video games and the countless hours I've spent wasting my time and youth because of you. Thank you for calloused finger tips, pimples, and a general lack of female attention.

No comments: